Summer is great time to entertain. The sun is out late, the weather is perfect for lounging outside and catching up with friends after work. While beer is a staple, sometimes you want to spice things up with a great summer cocktail. Here a few simple recipes that are sure to be a big hit!
This one does take prep time the day before, but it’s not too intense. The drink will be worth it, trust me!
- 4 cups watermelon flesh, seeds removed
- 2 fluid ounces simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 fluid ounces melon liqueur
- 4 twists lemon zest, garnish
- 3 bottle(s) (11.2-ounce) chilled Hoegaarden beer
- 1 bottle(s) (12-ounce) chilled ginger beer
- 1 thinly sliced lemon
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
Prep: Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher. Serve in Double Old Fashioned glass with ice and mint sprigs.
- Three sour cherries per glass
- Lemon (1 slice per glass)
Put three sour cherries, one thin slice of lemon and a spoonful of sugar in the bottom of a glass. Pound with muddler, or end of wooden spoon. Add gin, enjoy. Add more gin for a second round, the cherries will still flavor it very well.
Hope you enjoy these delicious summer cocktails. Cheers!